Monday, July 27, 2009

Back in the U S A

Hi Friends,

Well, I never got our camera's memory card to function, but luckily Andy Gunn and Morgan Ward took pictures during the week they were in La Esperanza. So, here are some....



This is Morgan, Andy and me starting the day with that great Honduran coffee in the sun in front of the main building at Utopia.
- - - - - - - - -



We got some of the family to pose with Andy and Morgan at the house where eventually I ate all my meals. That's Do(ny)a Aleja with some really sweet grandchildren.
- - - - - - - - - -



Morgan and Andy assembled a new AM studio in the new room constructed for that purpose in the Utopia building. Here they're installing some of the sound-deadening foam that Adrienne and Jane dumpstered just before we left on the bus trip.
- - - - - - - - - -




Morgan found this beautiful lizard and promptly caught it.
- - - - - - - - - - -

Well, you may be wanting to see pictures of all the demonstrations, which as of this writing, are still going on. Unfortunately, I never got to go to Tegus or SPS or the Nicaraguan border where most of that was happening. Check out Indymedia Chiapas for the latest info on that.

With some huge luck, I was able to leave La Voz Lenca transmitting at the full 1000 watts [when the power line voltage is at it's highest] before I left...a bit noisy and distorted, but the word is getting out to a large part of western Honduras....and, wouldn't you know, just in the middle of a really nice tribute to me for all my fine work, etc. etc....the line voltage spiked and the transmitter shut down...oh well, at least it was just a momentary thing. I'm looking for a newer, more reliable transmitter to replace this one...there's a new one on eBay right now for about $4600, or best offer...if we get lotsa bucks in the next few days, this could happen.

Peace, Bill

No comments: