Well, we decided that we can make it to the border easily in 2 1/2 days of driving, and we all have a lot of things to do here, so we're going to leave the morning of Wed., the 25th, instead of the day before. We're still sticking to our plans to begin the border crossing negotiations on Friday afternoon -- the 27th -- which is the earliest opportunity.
SO -- This weekend, we'll finish preparing the bus and Sunday, late morning, begin loading in the big equipment. For that, we need lots of help, so if you've been hoping for an opportunity to get involved, now is it!! Call me at 217-762-9561, or email email@example.com, or just click on that link on the right side of this blog, if you can come, so we'll know when we have a quorum. (It will take a number of people to do this smoothly.)
We can use help doing some last-minute packing of little stuff, printing out things, etc., so it's not all heavy lifting -- In fact, with enough people, no one should have to strain. If you can't come Sunday, there's going to be preparation going on nearly constantly until we leave, so just get ahold of us via the avenues above, and there will be something you can do for sure!